Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh, my sore Cushie bum....but the view is gorgeous!

As my British friends would say, "Oh my aching bum!" I think too much sitting is as hard on the body as too much walking or running. I tried to walk a lot yesterday in between my flights (and oh, I had the time...as you read yesterday), but sitting for 5 hours straight is just hard on a body.

It sure is nice here where I am. Breezy and low 70's. I'm actually sitting by the pool right now and FREEZING! The sun feels good, but I may have to go get my polar fleece blanket. I don't lack in insulation, so what is it that keeps me so cold? The only time I got warm (not hot) yesterday was when I was wearing my jacket and lugging my wannabe-a-totebag purse along with my laptop and hoofing it through the terminal. And that was short-lived because as soon as I stopped, I was cold again.

I guess I need to go get bloodwork done to check my free T3 and free T4 levels so my endo can figure out what's going on there. The last time I had them checked my endo had to increase my Levoxyl dosage. And my anti-TPO was up, again. I know I freeze with AI, but that's a different kind of cold. It's a cold-from-the-inside-out chill. The bloodwork will have to wait 'til I get back home, though!

My suite where I'm staying is beautiful! This part-time job has its perks, that's for sure. I have two bedrooms and bathrooms, a living area with dining area, full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, LCD TV, wireless internet, and an empty refrigerator. Oops...that last one doesn't sound like a perk, does it? HA! Nah, I could get a cab and go get stuff to stock it or the staff here will go for me, but several of us are going out to eat tonight, so why bother? Plus, I ordered from a local restaurant who delivers last night and got a half-a-chicken (smallest plate they had!) with steamed veggies and a salad and ate the leftovers for lunch today. There is breakfast served for all the guests, so I'm covered. I'll be wined and dined all week. Who needs food? (Oh, I brought my coffee...I'm 'tic'lar!)

So, I sound like I'm bragging, but trust me, I'm not. I really, really enjoy this, and I love what I do to earn it. I get to meet and work with people from all over the world, plus I get to teach something I love: database design and programming. That keeps it from being a "job". And there have been some very tough times in my life where I was wondering how I was going to feed myself and my girls. You know what I mean. So, I know I've been blessed with this "not-a-job" and I'm thankful.

I have a spare bedroom...who's coming to visit? The view is gorgeous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags

101 (6) 2009 (1) ACTH (3) addison's (2) adenoma (10) adrenal (6) adrenal adenomas (2) adrenal insufficiency (8) adrenalectomy (1) androgens (2) anger (1) animals (1) antibiotic (1) apathy (1) apnea (1) arginine (1) attitude (2) awareness (19) bacteria (1) bariatric (4) bilateral adrenalectomy; zebra (2) BLA (6) blog carnival (1) blogging (1) blogtalkradio (1) blood work (1) buffalo hump (1) cancer (1) carcinoma (1) cardiovascular (2) change (1) chronic (1) chronic illness (8) circadian (2) classical (1) cold (2) conn's (1) cortef (1) corticosteriod (2) cortisol (7) CSF (1) CT scan (1) cure (1) cushing (1) cushing's (77) cyberchondriac (2) cyclic (2) data (1) database (1) death (4) depression (1) dexamethasone (1) diabetes (3) diabetes insipidus (1) diagnose (1) diagnosis (10) disease (1) diurnal (2) doctor (3) doctor blogs (21) doctor friedman (1) doctors (2) doctors google (1) drugs (2) dynamic MRI (2) ectopic (2) education (1) EHR (1) EMR (1) endocrine (5) endocrinology (1) epatients (5) epigenetics (4) epinephrine (1) episodic (2) estrogen (1) familial (2) fat (1) fatigue (1) ferritin (2) florid (1) flu (1) fluid control (1) food (1) gadolinium (2) galactorrhea (1) gamma knife (3) genetics (3) genotropin (1) gland (1) google (1) google health (1) googling (2) grand rounds (4) growth hormone (13) guest post (1) headache (2) health care system (14) health records (4) healthcare (1) HIPAA (1) hirsutism (1) holiday (4) home (1) hoofbeats (1) hormone (1) hormones (5) hormones bioidentical (1) HRT (1) hurt (1) hypercortisolism (1) hyperplasia (1) hypertension (1) hyperthyroidism (2) hypoparathyroidism (1) hypopitiutarism (4) hypothalamus (2) hypothyroidism (7) iatrogenic (1) ice crunching (1) illness (3) imaging (4) immune (1) immunocompromised (1) infection (2) information (2) insurance (2) internet (1) invisible illness (1) iron (1) journey (2) ketoconazole (3) kidney (1) labs (2) lapband (1) laproscopic (1) levaquin (2) libido (1) macroadenoma (2) medical records (2) medical school (1) men (1) metabolic syndrome (3) metamorphosis (1) microadenoma (1) microscopy (1) mild (1) morbidity (2) mortality (1) MRI (2) MRSA (1) mucinex (1) neuroblastoma (1) news (10) night owl (1) nodules (1) norepinephrine (1) obesity (13) obesity hunger willpower (2) Occam's Blade (1) OFM (1) osteoporosis (2) pain (4) parathyroid (3) participatory medicine (2) pasireotide (1) patient rights (2) patients (7) patientsfirst (1) PCOS (6) PCP (1) pediatric (2) peer reviewed (1) percocet (1) personal (1) PET (1) phenotype (1) pheochromoctyoma (1) pheochromocytoma (1) PHR (3) pictures (1) pituitary (24) pituitary surgery (7) pituitary tumor adenoma research acromegaly (1) poll (1) polycystic (2) prolactinoma (1) protein (1) psychological (1) radiation (1) radio; cushing's (2) rant (1) recurrence (1) reform (2) relationships (1) remission (2) research (26) respect (1) retrospective (4) rocephin (1) safari (1) salivary (2) sarcoidosis (1) science (1) serum cortisol (1) shame (1) sick (1) sinus (1) sinus infection (2) sinusitis (1) sleep (2) soda (1) spoon theory (1) steriod (1) steroids (1) subclinical (2) surgery (11) surgeXperiences (2) survival (1) symptom (1) technology (1) temozolomide (1) testing (6) testosterone (2) thyroid (6) to google (1) top10 (1) transsphenoidal endoscopic (1) travel (2) treatment (3) trust (1) tumor (12) twitter (5) urinary free cortisol (2) urinary infection (2) UTI (1) veteran (1) video (3) Vitamin D (6) weakness (1) zebra (5) zippy (1)

Email me....

survivethejourney at gmail dot com

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner